University of Oxford degrees are conferred at degree ceremonies, held in the Sheldonian Theatre. You may graduate in person or in absentia, either straight after you have finished your degree, or later on. If you choose to graduate in person, you will be presented by St Catherine’s College.
- If you are a current undergraduate or taught graduate student, you will automatically receive an email towards the end of Michaelmas Term during your final year with instructions regarding when and how to book your degree ceremony.
- If you are a current graduate research student, or a part-time taught graduate student on certain courses, you will automatically receive an email with instructions regarding when and how to book your degree ceremony once you complete your course and are granted leave to supplicate. If you do not receive an invitation at this time, please email the Degree Ceremonies team on firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have already completed your degree and haven’t yet had your degree conferred, please complete this form and send it to email@example.com
- If you completed a BA or BFA and wish to receive an Oxford MA, and it is more than 21 terms since you matriculated please complete this form. There is a charge of £50.00 for conferral.
- For every degree ceremony, we hold a reception for you and your guests in the College. Depending on the time of the ceremony, this would be either a light lunch or three-course lunch. This is free for you and there is a charge for your guests.
- Once your place has been confirmed by the University, you will receive an email from the College Office with details about your ceremony, including information about booking tickets and which gowns to wear.
- You are entitled to bring up to two guests to the ceremony. Tickets for the ceremony are available through the College.
- Please see the University website for degree ceremony FAQs and more information.