Our modern College, known informally as Catz, was established in 1962 by its founding Master, Lord Alan Bullock. Our grade 1 listed buildings, located in a peaceful setting adjacent to the University Parks, were designed by Danish architect Arne Jacobsen and attract visitors from around the world. The striking modern architecture, fittings and furniture, reflected a move towards the open, contemporary, culture that is still fundamental to our ethos today.
With a student population of over 500 undergraduates and 400 postgraduates, alongside a thriving community of visiting students, we’re a diverse and vibrant College. The offices are a pleasant working environment, with a lively and friendly atmosphere.
The College has excellent facilities including a car park, gym, library, music building, squash and tennis courts, all of which staff are welcome to use. We operate a salary-sacrifice childcare scheme and season ticket loan.
We are an equal opportunities employer, committed to providing an environment in which all the rights and dignity of all our members are staff are respected.
View our current vacancies here.
Staff Facilities and Benefits
St Catherine’s offers a wide range of excellent facilities and benefits to its staff. Specific information about the benefits associated with each post is provided within the further particulars of the post. Examples of our benefits include:
- A generous holiday allowance
- Entry in the College’s pension scheme
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Free meals when on duty
- Interest-free season ticket loans for travel on public transport
- A salary exchange scheme which allows staff to purchase childcare vouchers
- Free use of the College’s on-site gym and squash courts
- Free use of the College’s library and music building
- Free use of the College car park during working hours
- A tax-free bicycle purchase scheme
- Discounted use of the University’s sports facilities.