Collecting your Degree
University of Oxford degrees are conferred at degree ceremonies, held in the Sheldonian Theatre. You may graduate in person or in absence, either straight after you’ve finished your degree, or later on. If you choose to graduate in person, you will be presented by St Catherine’s College.
- If you are a current undergraduate or taught graduate student you will automatically receive an email towards the end of Michaelmas Term during your final year with instructions regarding when and how to book your degree ceremony.
- If you are a current graduate research student, or a part-time taught graduate student on certain courses, you will automatically receive an email with instructions regarding when and how to book your degree ceremony, once you complete your course and are granted leave to supplicate. If you do not receive an invitation at this time, contact the University’s Degree Ceremonies team.
- If you have already completed your degree and haven’t yet graduated (or if it is more than 21 terms since you matriculated and you completed a BA or BFA ,and you wish to receive an Oxford MA), please complete the online St Catherine’s degree ceremony waiting list form.
- Please see the University website for degree ceremony FAQs and more information.
- St Catherine’s usually attends degree ceremonies held in the Sheldonian Theatre at 2.30 pm however we would require you to be at the College from about 11.00 am to complete some of the formalities and attend a briefing with the Dean of Degrees. There is also a reception for you and your guests. You are entitled to bring up to two guests (minimum age of seven) and both you and your guests can have lunch in College. This is free for you and there is a charge for your guests. Once you have a place confirmed by the University for a degree day you will receive a pack from the College Office with all the details, including which gowns to wear. If you wish to have an Oxford MA conferred there is a charge of £40.00.
Replacing your University card
To request a replacement university card, or request an extension if your card is about to expire and you will still be a student, please complete the form below.