News & Events


Featured News & Events

Professor Bart van Es named St Catherine’s College Pro-Master News

14 June 2024

Professor Bart van Es named St Catherine’s College Pro-Master

St Catherine’s College is pleased to announce Professor Bart van Es as the College’s Pro-Master. Our current Master, Professor Kersti Börjars, …

RAAC replacement solutions developed for St Catherine’s College News

10 June 2024

RAAC replacement solutions developed for St Catherine’s College

St Catherine’s College is pleased to announce that it has submitted the Planning and Listed Building Consent Application to address …

Catz alumna wins Author of the Year at The British Book Awards 2024 News

13 June 2024

Catz alumna wins Author of the Year at The British Book Awards 2024

Dr Katherine Rundell (2005, English Language & Literature), Catz Domus Fellow, has been awarded Author of the Year and Book …

Latest News & Events

26 October 2018

2018

The College celebrates 150 years since its founding as the Delegacy for Unattached Students.

26 October 2012

2012

The College celebrates its 50th anniversary.

16 November 2005

2005

The Arumugam Building opens.

16 November 1993

1993

St Catherine’s original buildings are grade listed.

16 November 1990

1990

The Cameron Mackintosh Foundation endows a Chair of Contemporary Theatre, establishing a visiting professorship at the University held with a Professional…

16 November 1982

1982

The Mary Sunley and Alan Bullock buildings open.

26 October 1974

1974

Women first admitted to the College.

16 November 1968

1968

The Bernard Sunley Building opens.

26 October 1964

1964

Ceremonial opening of the College by Harold Macmillan as Chancellor of the University.

16 November 1963

1963

The College receives its Royal Charter of Incorporation and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh becomes Visitor.

26 October 1962

1962

St Catherine’s College opened. Alan Bullock becomes Master.

26 October 1960

1960

Eight acres of Holywell Great Meadow acquired from Merton College. Arne Jacobsen appointed to design and furnish the College and…

26 October 1956

1956

Censor Bullock obtains agreement from the University to turn the Society into a fully residential college.

26 October 1952

1952

Alan Bullock, Fellow of New College, appointed Censor.

16 November 1936

1936

New building opened, designed by Hubert Worthington.

16 November 1934

1934

University offers St Catherine’s Society a plot of land in St Aldate’s, south of Christ Church.

26 October 1931

1931

Delegacy for Non-Collegiate Students renamed St Catherine’s Society.

26 October 1884

1884

Delegacy for Unattached Students renamed as Delegacy for Non-Collegiate Students.

26 October 1868

1868

Delegacy for Unattached Students formed. First group of Unattached Students allowed to matriculate.

26 October 1852

1852

Royal Commission proposes the creation of a category of Non-Collegiate Students as part of its recommendation to reform Oxford and…