How do I get a transcript or letter of confirmation?

How do I get a transcript or letter of confirmation?

Official transcripts for students who commenced their studies in, or after, Michaelmas Term 2007 are produced by the University of Oxford's Degree Conferrals Office (see the University website for details).

For students who commenced their studies before Michaelmas Term 2007, St Catherine's can provide a statement giving details of dates of attendance, programme of study, examinations taken, marks achieved and degree class.

If you require confirmation that you are, or have been, a student at St Catherine's (and your degree classification if you have already graduated) please use the online letter of confirmation request form. Please log on to Student Self Service to obtain a Council Tax letter for your Oxford address.

If you commenced your studies before Michaelmas Term 2007 and require a breakdown of your marks, please use the online St Catherine's transcript request form.

Please note that at least a week's notice is required to produce letters of confirmation and transcripts when the Academic Office is open.

The Academic Office will be closed for Easter from Wednesday 28 March until Monday 9 April. We will try to respond to requests for letters of confirmation and transcripts within ten days of re-opening.

If you have any difficulty with these forms you can email with the following information:

  • Whether you are requesting a letter of confirmation or a transcript
  • Your full name
  • Matriculation year
  • Programme of study and subject
  • If requesting a transcript, which marks you would like included (e.g. Prelims/Mods/Finals/All)
  • Title of thesis or dissertation, if applicable
  • Number of copies you would like
  • Address you would like the letter or transcript sent to (current students - letters will be sent to your pigeonhole, unless an address outside Oxford is provided)